The Leuven.Inc foundation was officially set up on 8 December 2010 in the presence of Mayor Louis Tobback, Herman Daems and the Board Members of Leuven.Inc. The foundation will allow the development of new initiatives, among which support to socially relevant projects with focus on entrepreneurship.
Koenraad Debackere, Chairman of Leuven.Inc, explains: "The foundation wishes to stimulate entrepreneurship in all its elements and to create a Flemish and European 'meenas reputation' for the support of social-economic projects. For example by the creation of a `Leuven.Inc Foundation Award' where projects are encouraged and selected in a competitive surrounding".
The private foundation is governed by
• Herman Daems, Chairman KU Leuven, Barco and BNP Paribas Fortis bank
• Gilbert Declerck, Executive Officer and Member of the Board of imec
• Desiré Collen, Founder of ThromboGenics and Member of the Board of Leuven.Inc
• Nicole De Smyter, Manager Leuven.Inc
• Koenraad Debackere, Chairman Leuven.Inc and Managing Director of K.U.Leuven Administration and Central Services
The Leuven.Inc Foundation 2014 Award
Further info on the 2014 Award may shortly be found in the subpages under this heading.