Publication date : 08/12/2106
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Device Path Finding Engineer.
As advanced CMOS technology scaling becomes increasingly challenging, many complex technology options are considered and evaluated today. For example different device architectures (FinFETs, lateral or vertical nanowires, TFETs...) or channel materials are considered. Also important are various process and patterning options that result in different layout choices and area scaling potential.
The benefits and challenges of these different options for future technology generations have to be evaluated not only in terms of manufacturing, but also from the application side. The gains are evaluated at circuit level in terms of PPAC (power consumption, performance (speed), die area, and cost).
In this job, you will
- evaluate the PPAC trade-offs of advanced devices, in order to guide future technology development.
- assess power performance of various technology options and look for the right solutions satisfying the requirements at advanced nodes.
- interact closely with circuit designers, TCAD engineers, device and process integration engineers.
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electronics Engineering, with at least 2 years of relevant industrial experience or PhD in electrical engineering.
- You combine this with good device physics understanding, experience with compact model development (Verilog A language) and TCAD simulations as well as basic understanding of circuit design.
- You have a custom design background in Virtuoso for doing circuit design.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!
Are you our new Device Path Finding Engineer? Apply now!
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.