Publication date : 29/11/2016
For companies manufacturing smart and highly automated machines and vehicles, Flanders Make conducts technological research to strengthen the companies’ product and process innovation. Flanders Make researchers help companies in making high-performance, flexible and autonomous machines and vehicles by;
- creating simulation models of the machine’s/vehicle’s behaviour;
- using these models for analyzing the system’s performance, optimizing the design configuration and parameters
- building prototypes of these machines and vehicles
- developing controll algorithms and implementing these algorithms into controller softwarevalidating the developed (components in) machines and vehicles and their controllers in real-life test conditions.
Lead industry driven research projects
As an expert in in machine and vehicle modelling, control and simulation, you:
- Take the technical lead of a research team, combining expertise in dynamics, control and model based mechatronic system engineering;
- Are a technological sparring partner for the companies involved;
- Work together with account managers and research program leaders, understanding company needs and setting research goals.
More concretely, you:
- Redefine the technological challenges and needs before the project starts. With active listening techniques you reveal the underlying technological problem of the company.
- Set realistic project goals and timings;
- Perform research close to your own expertise and lead the project execution for the team;
- Regularly discuss the technological ambitions and results with the company stakeholders;
- Actively trace and present industrial challenges and research opportunities. Help others with your expertise in writing project proposals.
Professional communicator with a conceptual mind
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics (Mech., Electr., Electron.), Modelling & Simulation, Control systems, Robotics, ..);
- Track record of at least 10 years in engineering;
- Broad knowledge in smart and interconnected machines and/or vehicles (machine and/or vehicle dynamics and motion control, modelling, signal processing, control algorithms, system simulation, sensors and actuators, instrumentation,..);
- Experience in leading projects and teams;
- A conceptual thinker inspired by research problems and new technologies;
- A good listener and communicator who can build sustainable relationships;
- Result driven and pro-active;
- Open minded and a team player.
Make a difference in mechatronic technology
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop pre-competitive research within the next-generation vehicle technologies, together with Flemish and European companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open minded and flexible working environment;
- An attractive salary with additional fringe benefits.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at site Lommel and/or site Leuven (flexible workplace policy).
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to email@example.com
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. It combines the strengths of a team of application and system experts with the technological expertise of a range university labs that are an integral part of the Flanders Make network. The mission of the centre is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry by performing industry-driven, pre-competitive, excellent research in the technological domains of mechatronics, product development methods and advanced manufacturing technologies.
This research will result in applications for machines, vehicles, vehicle components and high-tech production systems at the participating companies.
To achieve this mission, Flanders Make conducts industry-driven joint projects and contract research assignments in the following research programs: Clean Energy-efficient Motion Systems, Smart Monitoring Systems, Autonomous Systems, Intelligent Product Design Methods, Design & Manufacturing of Smart and Lightweight Structures, Additive Manufacturing for Serial Production, Manufacturing for High Precision Components, Agile & Human-centered Production & Robotics Systems. http://www.flandersmake.be/