Publication date : 29/09/2016
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. In the Semiconductor Technology and Systems (STS) unit we are currently looking for a (m/f) Signal Integrity Engineer for 3D Technologies.
Chip stacking with high-density vertical interconnects and through-silicon-vias (referred to as “3D” or “2.5D” technology), has emerged as a powerful method to continue system scaling (higher performance, lower power consumption) complementing the traditional transistor device scaling and allowing further extension of Moore’s Law. Furthermore, the development of Optical interconnect technologies introduces a new era of high speed signaling among chips, enabling the development of new system-level applications that handle and communicate big amounts of data. Studying the impact of these novel interconnect schemes on system performance and evaluating different technology options for novel applications is the main objective of this position.
You will focus on:
- Modeling and analyzing signal integrity of high speed links considering different chip assembly technologies.
- Evaluate impact of noise effects on power supply and signal lines for novel multi-chip system architectures.
- Providing input to custom test sites to study experimentally the performance of high-speed interconnects.
- Performing test site characterization and statistical data analysis.
- Analyzing test results and communicate learnings to internal technology developers and imec’s partners.
- Delivering models for designing high-speed systems with 3D technology and Optical IO interconnects.
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electrical Engineering, with at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience or PhD in the area of signal integrity and high speed/RF circuit design, preferably combined with industrial experience.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs or via the followink link.