Publication date : 17.08.2016
Imec performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Its staff of more than 2,500 people includes over 700 industrial residents and guest researchers.
As a Photonics Device & Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Generating, developing and demonstrating novel device concepts to push the state of the art in silicon photonic integration.
- Contributing to process integration for manufacturing novel devices in an advanced CMOS pilot line.
- Defining design-for-manufacturability (DfM) and design-for-test (DfT) methodologies for photonic components.
- Defining and carrying out development plans, including design of experiment, risk mitigation and evaluation.
- Streamlining project execution by interacting with process engineers, process assistants, test and reliability engineers
- Reporting project results to internal and external stakeholders including imec partners and customers.
- Reporting to the scientific community at conferences or in scientific journals.
- Staying on top of the state of the art within your competence domain and benchmarking imec’s solutions.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- obtained a Ph.D. of Science in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics, with a focus on semiconductor devices physics and semiconductor process technology.
- at least 3 years of experience in photonics device design and simulation.
- preferably a minimum of 2 years of experience in semiconductor processing/silicon photonic integration.
- an enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- able to plan, drive and complete complex, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule and with a focus on quality.
- excellent English communication skills.
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international and multicultural team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance, long term disability insurance and a pension plan. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that, Imec offers various training possibilities To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.