Publication date : 13/01/217
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Principal Member of Technical Staff Thin Film Deposition.
For several decades, CMOS transistor performance has been boosted by scaling the device dimensions. This has led to more stringent requirements for all process steps involved to manufacture these devices. Today, progress is driven by the introduction of new materials and innovation in deposition technologies.
- You will be part of the Thin Films group that is responsible for the development, characterization and optimization of deposition processes for dielectrics and metals.
- You will be responsible for one or more deposition processes.
- You will take the technical lead over one or more expertise areas.
- You will work closely together with the other process and integration groups to enable the next generation semiconductor technologies for logic and/or memory applications.
- Together you will assess different integration schemes and define the requirements for the various functional layers.
- You will compare different material candidates and potential deposition processes as well as optimize them towards the targeted application. You will build up a close relationship with equipment suppliers to keep up to date of novel technologies and do an early assessment of their potential towards future technology nodes.
- You will contribute to the strategy and roadmap of the group.
- As a senior professional, you will coach, support or instruct more junior colleagues.
- As a project owner, you will be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, time lines, resources, and ensure the timely execution of the project.
- You have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Engineering.
- You are an experienced professional with a strong industrial background in semiconductor technology related deposition technologies (10+ yrs), combined with an in-depth knowledge of process integration.
- You will take the technical lead of one or more areas of thin film expertise (e.g. dielectrics, patterning materials, ...). You will work out the longer term strategy in close collaboration with equipment suppliers and imec’s internal programs.
- You can demonstrate project management experience and can drive a cross-functional team of people.
- You have an extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with (PE)ALD and/or (PE)CVD.
- You have strong troubleshooting skills, practical experience with RCA and FMEA techniques is a plus.
- You have an analytical mind, use a logical and well-structured approach, but can also think outside the box.
- You have high standards and strive to deliver quality.
- You are used to work with deadlines and can handle stress.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present results in a clear and concise way.
- You can easily integrate in an international team of professionals and like to network.
- Good English communication skills are required.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Please apply via the following URL.